The Playgoer: Showcase/CaseStudy

Custom Search

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Showcase/CaseStudy

Time Out's Raven Snook sings another variation of the Showcase Blues, profiling East River Commedia's Paul Bargetto. His League of Independent Theatre--which he co-chairs with John Clancy and John Pinckard--is part of the Coalition for Code Reform in addition to proposing remedies of their own.

Beef #1: "New York’s showcase code [which allows union actors to work for next to nothing] treats failure and success the same way.” Read on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha... I wondered if you'd mention the piece. I actually chatted with them before your Voice piece came out, which was fantastic. I felt like I was a little late to the party... but I like the company's work and in the end my main goal was to showcase them. The whole showcase code issue just made it a, er, "sexier" story. :)

Playgoer said...

I try not to use the expression, but obviously, what we have here is truly a case of Great Minds Think Alike.

Well done, Raven. I tried to track down Bargetto at the last minute myself, but never got a reply. Either my email got lost on his website...or you had an exclusive!

And yes, nothing is sexier than showcase stories.