The Playgoer: Proud Mama

Custom Search

Monday, September 22, 2008

Proud Mama

by Abigail Katz

The Civilians Are Everywhere!

So yesterday The Civilians' THIS BEAUTIFUL CITY had its first performance at The Kirk Douglas Theatre in LA- I'm so proud I could cry. Definitely check them out if you are in the LA area- details on Playbill.com. If not, no worries, the show is coming to The Vineyard in January!

The company also got a nice mention in Variety about BROOKLYN AT EYE LEVEL. This new piece will focus on the Atlantic Yards development in Brooklyn, exploring issues such as gentrification, eminent domain, and neighborhood dynamics. It's timely and makes for good, thought-provoking theatre. Be on the lookout at the piece evolves.



CYCLONE Touches Down Tuesday September 23rd!

CYCLONE (AND THE PIG-FACED LADY) has its first performance at the New York Musical Theatre Festival on Tuesday September 23rd, 8pm at TBG Theatre. For tix and details, go to http://www.nymf.org/.



OK, enough about me and my projects. I'm happy to report after the lively discussion about plays on TV, WNET/13 will broadcast a live-to-tape performance of the Culture Project's production of George Packer's BETRAYED on October 23rd at 9pm. Could this be the begining of a new trend? I was not one of the lucky ones who saw the production, so I will be looking forward to this event. Stay tuned!

One last personal note- a shout out to my friend Raoul. We will miss you!


No comments: